1. The IHSA Class 3A semifinal session begins at 11 a.m. Friday, and the Class 4A semifinal session begins at 5:30 p.m. at the Peoria Civic Center’s Carver Arena. The final sessions will be Saturday with Class 3A at 11 a.m. and Class 4A at 5:30 p.m. Tickets are $10.
2. The 61st annual Illinois Mennonite Relief Sale will open at 4:30 p.m. Friday and continue at 6 a.m. Saturday at the Interstate Center in Bloomington. All net proceeds go to the needy of central Illinois. Admission and parking are free.
3. The Film Noir series will feature a showing of "Elevator to the Gallows" from 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday at the Peoria Public Library's downtown branch, 107 NE Monroe. The showing is hosted by Steve Tarter, Journal Star reporter.
4. Irish-American supergroup Cherish the Ladies will perform with the Heartland Festival Orchestra at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at Five Points Washington, 360 N. Wilmor Road, Washington. Tickets are $38 for adults and $10 for students and children. Proceeds benefit the Penguin Project.
5. The 39th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade, featuring more than 100 Irish-themed floats, will kick off at 2 p.m. Sunday in Downtown Peoria. The parade will begin at Hancock and Monroe streets, then follow Monroe to Main Street, then to Water Street, and will end at Hamilton Boulevard and Water Street.