PEORIA – The Illinois Department of Transportation announces that the following closures are scheduled in the vicinity of the Cedar Street Bridge over the Illinois River:
• 6 p.m. Friday, Aug. 18 to 6 a.m. Monday, Aug. 21
• Eastbound Cedar Street will be closed from Washington Street in Peoria to U.S. 24/IL 29 (Main Street) in East Peoria.
• The Cedar Street ramps to/from Edmund Street will be closed.
• The ramps from eastbound Cedar Street to northbound and southbound U.S. 24/IL 29 (Main Street) in East Peoria will be closed.
• The right lane of northbound U.S. 24 / IL 29 (Main Street) in East Peoria will be closed at Cedar Street.
The closures are necessary for milling and resurfacing work to be completed. Motorists should follow the marked detour routes.
Please slow down and use extreme caution while driving through all work zones.
Follow us at twitter.com/IDOTDistrict4 for IDOT District 4 updates on Twitter.
Visit gettingaroundpeoria.com for updated traffic information and views from traffic cameras in Peoria and surrounding areas.