TimesNewspapers is seeking correspondents to cover local news in Chillicothe, Morton, East Peoria, Washington and Metamora.
News coverage may consist of general news, board meetings and features. Photo features may also be included.
Criteria for correspondents includes:
• Bachelor's degree in mass communication/journalism required
• Good grasp of grammar, news writing style
• Proficient with AP style
• Good organizational and people skills for setting up appointments, interviews.
• Professionalism in appearance and manners.
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Has own transportation
• Has a digital camera and the ability to email photos.
All correspondents are independent contractors and are paid according to a scale used by TimesNewspapers. Correspondents are not paid for mileage. Correspondents must sign a contract and submit their monthly invoice for payment to the executive editor.
Send resume and three news writing samples to Executive Editor Jeanette Kendall at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 1 News Plaza, Peoria, IL 61643.
For more information, call 681-3733.